If the breeze from those open windows just isn't cutting it, come by our shop in Portsmouth, VA 23701 to get an expert opinion on what we can do to fix your auto A/C or heating problems. We offer affordable prices and guaranteed workmanship. Contact us at 757-488-1964, so we can help you drive in comfort.
Why maintaining your AC System is very important:
Heating and A/C systems may break eventually with usage, hose pipes may clog and drip if not serviced, causing reduced efficiency heating and cooling capabilities. Regular maintenance will keep your AC system operating at peak performance!
Indications your A/C system may be having issues:
- If your air conditioning blows only slightly cooler air compared to the exterior air
- Air that blows in smells damp, musty, or like mildew and mold
- Your cabin does not warm up in cold weather, or is just a little warmer than outside
- The defroster takes longer than typical to operate, or does not operate
- Your heater or A/C only functions when driving, not when idling, or quits blowing when the car is stationary
- Your heating system blows cold air, or the air conditioning blows warm air
- Low airflow even at the highest fan setting.
A comprehensive evaluation of heating and A/C system includes:
- Examining the internal controls and blower
- Checking radiator coolant operating temperature, hoses, pressure radiator cap and thermostat
- Inspecting the compressor belt
- Inspecting system and seals for leaks or various other damages.
- A cooling system pressure test
- Verifying the A/C pressure meets manufacturer specifications
- Measuring the interior vent air temperature
Our repair and maintenance services include:
A fan belt, also known as a drive belt, is a belt connecting your car's engine to the front mounted accessories. The fan belt rotates the water pump and engine fan, which maintains a cool environment for the engine and its components. Sooner or later, your vehicle's fan belts will dry out and crack. When you are ready for a replacement you can count on John's Service Center for all your vehicle's repair needs.
You not only have to get the belts replaced with quality ones but you should have the work done by experts. To have the belts replaced by auto cooling and heating experts - and get your car driving right - visit John's Service Center today. The mechanics at John's Service Center will thoroughly inspect your car's belts; replace all worn belts; and adjust the installed belts.
Radiators are heat exchangers for cooling your car's internal combustion engine. A radiator cools the engine by circulating an engine coolant through the engine block - it then loses the heat to the atmosphere through radiation. A radiator has a set of tubes through which the engine coolant flows. Fins surround these tubes. When the radiator fails, the excess heat produced by the engine could damage the engine components. To prevent this from happening, have your radiator serviced regularly. To have your radiator needs handled by experts, visit John's Service Center today.
I was looking for a reputable repair shop to take my car for service. My neighbors recommended John's. I first took my car for state inspection and oil/filter change. I was in and out in less than an hour. On another occasion my son thought he needed a battery for his truck. We stopped in at John's as he was going to lunch, but he took the truck in and replaced the battery. My wife took her car to several local shops including some dealerships due to a loud roar in the front. She was told she needed a hub bearing. The price of repair ranged from 600-800 dollars and about 4hrs to perform the repairs. I took her car to John's who was booked full all week. I explained my wife had to go out of town for Christmas and was afraid to drive it with a bad bearing. I was told to bring it in tomorrow morning. He did the work for less than all the other shops and completed the work in about two hours. Again, this shows a business that cares about customer satisfaction. Needless to say, John's Service Center has won over my entire family and we have found a place that appreciates our business. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a decent place to service your vehicle needs.